30 June 2009

Bozo Button



This is my bozo button.
I love my bozo button. I made it. It's not the best graphic of all time or even remotely close. I still like it. I can pretend to pin it on the person that has ticked me off at the time. Like anyone else, I have my days of calm... 'it's all relative..... ohhhmmmmmm' and I have my days of....... 'what in the bejeebers is that q-tip thinking??????? or is she thinking at all????'.
Mostly that kicks in while driving behind little old white-haired ladies who can't see over the steering wheel while driving in a car that has never seen the speedometer go over 3o mph.

The other day, I was pretending I had a bozo button in my car. I was coming through a 35 mph zone when Mr. Motorcycle (I believe they are referred to as "crotch rockets") seemed to enjoy sniffing my back bumper. I'm no dummy, I'm doing 40 mph and no more. I have no desire for a ticket, no desire for my insurance rates to soar from a speeding ticket. This little motorcycle guy was pushing me for all he was worth. We came out of the 35 mph zone into a 45 mph zone while crossing the 2nd and last bridge. It was just killing him to have to putt-putt behind my little car doing 50 mph at this point. He even showed off his little toot-toot horn by blowing it while riding behind me. Did I ask him to stay there? Did I lose my temper? No, not yet. When he went around me in a curve at the top of the hill which was *also* at an intersection, putting my child and myself in danger, I most certainly lost my temper! I was sooooooo close to letting the bird free! He got in one last toot-toot on his little horn, too, as he went by.
Knowing how road rage is a nasty problem on the road today, I bit my tongue and kept my fingers to myself. I'm thinking at the same time, "although he passed me in a no passing zone, althought he was acting like a jerkwad for the last 2 miles, he was lucky no one was coming in the opposite lane and we are safe".
I think the thought had no more passed through the other side of my head when that bozo turned around, held his fist up like he had something in it and then flung it at my windshield.
What?!?!???
NOOOOOOOO HE DIDN'T!!
Oh yes, he did.
That bozo was very lucky he had nothing in his hand and that I have good reflexes.

What happened to people that it has to come to this (or worse)???

I know that from the beginning of automobile time there has been anger on the road. There was probably some road rage from the first wreck in history. For the most part, living in the country, we never saw such things. We may have gotten mad as an old, wet hen but we bit our tongues out of good manners and let it roll off our backs. As mad as that motorcycle bozo made me, chances are that I won't remember it by this time next year. There have been other instances where I've had one of my kids (or all of them) with me and something equally as frightening happening. I remember going 3 wide like on the Charlotte Motor Speedway (I will NOT bend to Lowes!) on an old country road because somebody tried to pass an oncoming car. I am 99% sure that the passing car didn't see me. I remember it because it was scary not because I was mad at the passing car. I'm also sure that the guy driving was piddling in his pants from the look on his face. If we had hit, it would have been a horrible accident but that's exactly what it would have been: an accident. Not an "on purpose". So many people these days revert to road rage because they are just positive that car swerved to hit them. Out of the 50 cars on the road, they picked their car to hit.
Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I can say that instead of road rage, I'm keeping my bozo button. It's got a lot of work to do.
 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates