31 January 2007

A Deer Run

My husband set up a deer target for my oldest son to use when he practices archery. It's in the garden area of our land which would be right outside the window of my mother's/daughter's room.
This target, of course, looks like a deer decoy. Maybe it is. Whatever.
The point is, in the dark, it looks eerily like a deer (a doe or buttonhead maybe??).

The deer came out of the woods to check it out. They sniffed it up one side and down the other.

We watched them and laughed. It was really neat to watch. They had been in the garden eating the clover when they noticed it.

My husband and oldest son decide that maybe we could see more deer if they put the feeder in the garden.
Yes, more deer arrived.
Yet again, they put their heads together and decide to put a salt lick out there, between the feeder and the decoy.

I have tried hard to get a picture. I haven't had much luck with it. We had 7 deer out there one night. My husband had the 'twitch'. He would never shoot them out of season or in any way illegally but he still gets the twitch.
Here are two pics I got last night. There were 2 deer out there. Since they lose their antlers this time of year, we couldn't exactly tell whether they were male or female:








 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates