06 January 2007

Pecan Pralines

I love pecan pralines. I have checked several recipes and failed in both endeavors. They were edible but not good. I don't think it's the recipe itself. I just haven't found the 'feel' for it.

This is one of the recipes I used as well as the link:

Easy 1000 Watt Microwave Pralines
( http://dessert.allrecipes.com/az/sy1000WttMicrwvPrlins.asp )

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
Ready In: 13 Minutes
Yields: 12 servings

INGREDIENTS:1 cup white sugar2 tablespoons butter1 cup milk1 cup light brown sugar2 tablespoons light corn syrup1 pinch salt1 3/4 cups pecan halvesDIRECTIONS:1. Butter some waxed paper and lay on a flat surface or cookies sheet. In a 2 1/2 quart microwave dish, stir together sugar, butter, milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Microwave on high, 4 minutes. Stir. Microwave another 4 minutes. Stir in pecans, and drop by tablespoons onto buttered paper. Let cool.

Nutrition facts (per serving):
Protein 2.1g. Carbohydrates 40.3g. Cals from Protein 2%. Cals from Fat 41%. Sodium 73mg. Calories (kcal) 40.3. Total Fat 13.6g. Fiber 1.5g. Cals from Carbohydrates 55%. Cholesterol 7mg.

I need to find another one to try. I had another recipe that used buttermilk. Dummy me didn't add the karo syrup so they turned out grainy.

Any suggestions?

...
 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates